The Magic of Essential Oils
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in various cultures for therapeutic and aesthetic purposes.
Whether you’ve been using essential oils for a long-time or are new to them, these oils are extracts of liquid gold. From aiding digestion to nourishing skin, to helping you relax or sleep, as well as their use in household cleaning products, their benefits go farther than just smelling pretty. Just a few drops can be so powerful that even the biggest skeptic will become a believer.
There are more than 90 essential oils, each with its own health benefit. Most essential oils mix nicely with other essential oils, giving aromatherapists many options for preparing aromatic and soothing blends.
Essential oils have antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. These healing oils are rapidly growing in popularity because they act as natural medicine with few side effects.
When picking an essential oil, you want to look for a high quality, therapeutic-grade, 100% pure, medicinal and steam distilled oil.
How to use Essential Oils:
Essential oils are either applied to the skin, inhaled, or ingested. Within these three, there are several kinds of application methods. For example, you can apply essential oils topically using home-made lotions, sprays, add to your bath, or combining with a carrier oil such as jojoba and massaging into your skin.
The method for application selected depends on the desired outcome as well as on the chosen essential oil. For example, some essential oils can be irritating to skin, these would either require more dilution with a carrier oil or be used in a diffuser for aromatic purposes.
If you’re thinking of ingesting an essential oil, please be sure that it is 100% therapeutic grade organic oil. You can contact an essential oil company directly. Some oils aren’t 100% pure and have perfumes and other chemicals added to them to improve their scent.
10 Uses for Essential Oils:
1. Essential Oils can be used for a non-toxic household cleaner. Mix 5 drops of Purification Oil along with a few ounces of warm water in a spray bottle to clean countertops. The same can be done with Thieves Oil.
2. For removing grease, oil and gum stains put a few drops of Lemon Oil on a cloth or cotton swab and gently rub on the stain. You’ll be amazed at how quickly and easily the stain disappears.
3. Diffuse Tea Tree Oil to kill any mould pathogens that might be in the air.
4. Put 2-4 drops of Peppermint Oil on a cotton ball and place in locations where you have had problems with ants or mice. The strong scent will discourage them from coming back.
5. Diffuse Lavender Oil to reduce any feelings of stress or anxiety. The scent of Lavender can also aid in easing insomnia.
6. Mixing a few drops of Grapefruit Oil with coconut oil and massaging into areas with cellulite can help reduce or eliminate cellulite!
7. Combine Peace and Calming Oil with Epsom salts for a nice, relaxing bath before going to bed.
8. Add 1 drop of Young Living’s Peppermint Oil to a mug of hot water. 1 drop is the equivalent of approximately 20 peppermint tea bags.
9. Inhale Eucalyptus Oil to help clear a stuffy nose.
10. Help relax a child at bedtime by putting a couple of drops of Chamomile Oil on their favourite stuffed animal, or place a cloth with a few drops of Lavender Oil under their pillow.
The options for essential oils are endless!
For more information on essential oils or to order Young Living Essential Oils, which are 100% therapeutic grade, saving 24%, please visit this link: Essential Oils
The information contained here is for educational & informational purposes only and is not meant to replace medical advice or to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any condition or illness.