Eggplant Dip Recipe
Eggplant is an excellent source of fibre, vitamins and minerals. Tahini is a good source of calcium and magnesium. This is a healthy and delicious snack.
1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
¼ Cup Tahini – Sesame Seed Paste
2 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 ½ Tbsp. Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Place eggplant on baking sheet, and make holes in the skin with a fork. Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until soft. Remove from oven, and place into a large bowl of cold water. Remove from water, and peel skin off.
3. Place eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, sesame seeds, and garlic in a blender, and puree.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium size mixing bowl, and slowly mix in olive oil.
6. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
7. Serve with vegetables.
Recipe created by Janet Perry C.H.N., CSNC, Certified Holistic Nutritionist™ / Certified Reiki Master