Coconut Curry Chicken
• 1 Cup Coconut Milk
• 1Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
• 1 Red Onion, finely diced
• 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder, or more if you like heat
• 2 Cloves Garlic, minced - or more if you don't have a date!
• 4 Small Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
• 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
• 1 Red Pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 Yellow Pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 Zucchini, diced
• 2 Celery Stalks, sliced
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a dish that is big enough to hold the chicken.
2. Add the chicken and stir to make sure it is nicely coated in the marinade.
3. Cover and place in the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Heat the olive oil over medium-heat in a sauté pan, add the peppers, zucchini, and celery, cook for 5 minutes, add the chicken along with the marinade.
5. Sauté the chicken for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, turn the chicken over.
6. Keep an eye on the chicken, you don't want the temperature to get to the boiling point, or the coconut milk will separate.
7. Cook the chicken for another 15 minutes, or until the juices from the chicken run clear when pierced with a fork.
8. Serve over brown rice.
Recipe created by Janet Perry C.H.N., CSNC, Certified Holistic Nutritionist™ / Certified Reiki Master